whisper your name


whisper your name on the things you find be~you~tiful . . .



Recent Posts

May 19, 2011

...chocolate bar couture...




...hey mr. wonka!
if you're really out there...

how 'bout making a few of these??!



~  chocolate art bars  ~

when i was attending college,
i also was working as a manager
in a candy shop.
it was sooo much fun!!

usually, everyone that would visit,
would be delighted to be there
shopping for some type of treat.
 around christmas time,
the local newspaper
would always come to take picture of my display windows
(LOVED that part of my job!)
so
from then on
i have always desired a quality product
packaged artfully and most beautifully.

i've been looking for some prettily wrapped chocolate bars.
so naturally
when i could find nothing that delighted my eye,
i set out to design some chocolate bar wrappers of my own :)


  



here are a few couture chocolate bars i designed.
it's hard to see,
but ~
there is a dusting of
flavored marshmallow sparkle powder on these wrappers.
not sure if that what the marshmallow powders purpose is
but
  



i'm into those kinda details
so i seek
high
and
low
for details to delight
and in this case,
marshmallow tastin' sparkle powder
 was for me!!

so when you tear open that wrapper,
and break off a piece of that chocolate,
you're gonna be tasting chocolate covered marshmallows

or

errrr,
ummmm,
fingers!!

* lol *

either way ~
it will be delicious!

i also tied each special art bar
with metallic thread
and a vintage bauble
 a rhinestone montee,
a freshwater pearl, a tiny heart shell button
just for a little extra decadence and whimsy :)

  



who amongst us
 wouldn't love to see a few goddess bars lined up
in a chocolate boutique somewhere??!

i sure would!!

  


honestly,
i'm surprised Lady Godiva hasn't thought of this!!

  


so ~
if your listening mr. wonka...

  


i'm available for hire!!

but
ONLY if i can visit the fizzy lifty drink room whenever i wish :)

so,
let's see,
today,
 i brought you chocolates
and
last week i brought you flowers...




and you know why??
just because i adore all of you so!





hhhhmmmmm.... 
i wonder what next week will bring?


~


until then,
sharing this over at:
Common Ground's: Vintage Inspiration Friday
French Country Cottages: Feathered Nest Friday
A Rosy Note's: Photo Feature Friday
* children with roses statue pictures *
shot with a canon rebel xs
90 mm macro lens
program used: photoshop elements 8
processed with kim klassen's textures:
kkluminous and silence.
here's to beautifully wrapped chocolate bars!


24 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...simply divine post Rosemary - I would love to have some of the Sea Goddess Chocolate Bars myself, they are stunning! What a fabulous idea ~ And I would have loved to work in a Candy store when I was younger, how much fun that would have been! As always, your blog delights the senses and awakens inspiration - the photos you take are just amazing! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are loving this idea!! Yes, you should be hired out and make some chocolate company lots of mooola!! And...that sprinkle of marshmallow powder - oh yea...we are right there on that one!! Fantastic ideas!!
    Karla & Karrie

    ReplyDelete
  3. As Mr W. Wonka said ''Never doubt what no one is sure of'' which means ehrm(on a Thursday ;)) chocolate is necessity - but THIS is a prerequisite!
    Rainey J

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous idea! Takes the chocolate bar to a whole new level. A new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rosemary, you are an artistic genius. Now, have you contacted Godiva and clued them in? Just a wonderful idea. hugs and lot's of love, Debra

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fantastic idea. So romantic, think of all the great uses for art on chocolate. It was meant to be!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your chocolate wrappers Rosemary!! I also love the little details. I wrapped chocolate bars for Easter one year in beautiful scrapbook paper and put ribbon and tags on them. Yours are gorgeous!! You should make them to sell...:)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my Mr. Good Bar! These are so beautiful!! Is there anything you can't create?!!! I would never want to unwrap these beauties!! I would sit there with my lovely wrapped chocolate bar and smell it! :) No eating these!
    Have a wonderful night sweet girl!
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh by the way, I love your music, it makes me want to write a romance novel!! Classical music always does that to me, I just love it!
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun site! I used a chocolate bar in a "feminine" photo. Who knew I could have designed a gorgeous label! Well I probably couldn't have, but you sure could!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How creative, Rosemary! You may be onto a great business idea here.
    ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  12. OK this was the sweetest post ever!!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, talk about decadence! These might even make me hesitate to open up and eat the chocolate.....nah, but at least I'd study the delicate wrappings very carefully so I could "reconstruct" it afterwards. Just stunning, as is your beautiful photography!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  14. Genius! Those are so beautiful. I want to make them for my dollhouses!! You are such an inspiration, Rosemary.
    hugs,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful idea! They would be ideal for bridal showers. Your blog is delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful post Rosemary! I LOVE the idea! Those chocolate bars are beautiful! HUGS!
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dearest Rosemary,

    Again I drop my head to my folded arm and listen to Swan Lake.
    Thank you for the memory.
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh love this! Pretty and tasty too. Thanks for sharing your post at Photo Feature Friday :)

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  19. How beautiful these bars are Rosemary!! They are so pretty!! Such a beautiful post too~ thanks for sharing at my party :) Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Rosemary,
    I love your blog and your images! Thanks for sharing a beautiful spot!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Who wouldnt want one of those. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Weren't you looking for ballerinas? I found some: http://www.etsy.com/listing/74049970/vintage-plastic-ballerinas
    just in case you're still looking!
    love ya!
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete

be kind ~ be graceful ~ be beautiful ~ be you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails