may i present to all you fabulous,
these are all my dear readers...
* cecil says "enchanting to meet you all!"
he is my new sea silk ribbon foreman!
he will be a great help!!
as harvesting all those luscious ribbons is quite time consuming
although sooo very worth it :)
so i contacted him with my proposal
and he was more than delighted for a career change!
* i adore his tiny crown
* i gave it to him as a welcome gift
with the promise that he may come and go freely to the beautiful sea
...just as long as he let's me come along!!
* he happily agreed
* he also changed the spelling of his name to * seacil *
* he figured now that he was working with silks, it just sounded a little more elegant!
* i think it sounds the same, but i humor him and tell him it's fabulous!!
he has been helping me create a few new pieces in the studio this week
pretties to wear to the sea...
seacil wanted to show you his new bed
it's a bed of sea silks of course!!
* i love that he is so easily entertained!
here is a lovely cuff braclet
that i shall wear on my birthday...
i found the silver Rumi focal piece at
i am charmed by what it reads...
i dyed some silk in a muted sea rose shade
and sewed freshwater pearls and sequins in the same shades...
they remind me of sand bubbles...
what do you think?
i find a really lovely item
that i can embellish a little further
so that it becomes my very own
and a one of a kind...
i actually dyed my cuff ribbons to match this jacket
because at the sea,
it is breezy
and find i almost always need a pretty little something to wear extra
love, Love, LOVE the scalloped collar
and the ruffled edge pockets...
i added this ruffle peplum to the back...
for that little something extra.
i used a vintage slip
* it was just how i envisioned it!
* i also tried ironing this jacket
* and steaming it!!
* i even bought special ironing spray
IT * DID * NOT * WORK
* did i mention i ironed this??!
i have come to accept the wrinkles...
besides, i figure
if every one else is busy looking at my jacket wrinkles,
they probably won't notice mine!
* i have come to accept those too
* seacil says i don't have any!!
* ahhh, seasil, you already got the job!!
the rosettes with freshwater pearl centers
are like icing on the cake:)
i can't wait to wear my new pretties!
and seacil says
he'll show me a most tasty restaurant by the sea to wear it to after a day at the beach!
* thanks seacil!
i just know we are going to the best of friends!!
sharing this with:
Common Ground's: Vintage Inspiration Friday
French Country Cottage's: Feathered Nest Friday
Freckled laundry's: Air your laundry Friday
here's to ~ seacil and pretty little somethings!!