whisper your name


whisper your name on the things you find be~you~tiful . . .



Recent Posts

May 24, 2011

...my ship has come in!

...hello dear readers!

well,
my ship has finally come in!

~ lol ~

but seriously,
what do you think of her??

 

 
you may remember this "before" shot
i took of her when she first arrived

 

 
uhem,
blah!
you must be joking...

i was NOT going to set sail to the future
 in something that looked like that

yah, no!

give me everyday romance
or
give me death!

whoa!
dramatic much?!

* i blame it on johnny
* ie. jack sparrow



 
anyhoo,

 for months,
(hey, i'm a busy girl!)
i've been working on transforming her into a romantic vision
that i'd be delighted to set off in
seeking a new adventure...

  

 
her sails are completely made out of silk
as,
this is my dream ship :)
this sail has been printed with "toile de sea"

i adore the whimsy that it brings
and if i were ever stranded on a deserted island,
it would make for a lovely dress to wear,
for when i was rescued,
i'd want to look my best

don't ya' think?!

(NOT bringing it to me, just being prepared!!)

   

 
the larger sail is made out of silk crepe
and full of ruffles!!

love it!

 
  
 
and a sea horse is always nearby
to ride for a day of splunkin'

sound fun?!

    
 
 
and my deck?
why ~
crushed pearlized shells of course!!

 


...and even the driftwood would be covered in lace and sparkly rhinestones!




beause many of you know my feeling about lace...
and yes,
at first i thought i may paint my ship out in white
but
i really liked how the lace looked on the wood
so
i covered my ship in lace instead...



  
 oh yeah, baby!!
from the top...

  

 
to the bottom!

  


and just in case you missed it 
here it is again:
~ before ~




and 
~ after ~

 


which one would you embark a journey on ~
hhhmmmm??!




now,
as for my destination?

well ~ that's a whole other story!!

i wonder if johnny/jack would loan me his compass?!

~


sharing this post with:
Faded Charm's: White Wednesday
Kim Klassen's Cafe: Texture Tuesday
for my lacey pirate ship picture
i used her textures:  
yesteryear, not to shabby and kk2



here's to a beautiful adventure at sea ~
want to come with??





32 comments:

  1. That looks wonderful! Definitely a romantic voyage, full of dreams. You transformed the ship completely, wow. Lovely texture work as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. simply THE MOST STUNNING petite ship i've EVER seen! you could make anything look romantic! you have fairy dust running through your veins mon amie! sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How absolutely delightful!!! I'll go!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful Rosemary, you always amaze me with your fabulous talents!
    Have a great week.
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um....WOW!!! I think of anything that I've ever seen from the sea that would compare with this Rosemary. You are amazingggggg....

    xo,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Dear, Each of your creations are peculiarly beautiful! Especially those pirate ships in lace! I congratulate you! are charming, delicacy and romanticism imparts to everything you think! Greetings from the Caribbean, Puertorico, Rose Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can hear the mermaids whispering in the sea foam, that the ship is really theirs for moonlight sailing ........
    Beautiful Rosemary, really beautiful xx
    Hugs Lynn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's beautiful Rosemary. And well suited for a Queen to set sail. Wonderful job. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow you have a wonderful imagination
    ... my kind of lady.
    life is too too short to be Blahhhhhhh!
    KAT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Rosemary!
    Oh how wonderful. I would love to sail away on your lacy, dreamy ship. It's so pretty.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a stunning transformation! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow - absolutely beautiful first class Ship.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE that lacy ship! You never cease to amaze me, Rosemary. Smooth sailing to your dreams, my dear!
    Happy WW,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty and romantic, what a great vision you had, Celeste, victoriantailor.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am amazed! So creative and beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd take a moonlit cruise on that ship any day! So dreamy!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would go on board right away. It's the most beautiful ship I've ever seen.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahoy, matey! Now that is my kind of ship!! You did a beautiful job on it!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love love love it!

    Well done, sweet girl!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Now *that* is a ship! Simply beautiful...like you!
    Have a great adventure,
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous ship! I would much rather sail in that than the before one. Very befiitting of a romantic journey at sea.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome and Gorgeous! Love what you've done with her.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my... what loveliness you have created! I never would have looked at that Plain Jane ship and seen it as anything else... but YOU, YOU have quite the imagination AND the talent to go with it! Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Rosemary, when does this scrumptious ship set sail? I want to travel along...I have never seen a more beautiful and charming Sailboat - ever! It is a dream and so are you - simply stunning! xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Amazing!! What a gorgeous, dreamy ship! Happy Sailing Mrs. Sparrow!! xxoo Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  26. *gasp* ! your photography is beautiful...but that ship!!! who wouldn't want to sail away on that!!!! lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Can you imagine just floating on the ocean in a boat like this, dreamy. Just beautiful! I am blown away by the changes.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Absolutely stunning!
    Everything you create is magical!
    xoxo, Cerri

    ReplyDelete
  29. May I ask where you found the original ship?

    ReplyDelete
  30. You are unbelievable dear lady!!! As soon as I saw that ship, I would have given anything to either shrink down to size and sail away on her...or wish for her to magically enlarge to fit me as I now am. Either way...I was ready for a magical sailing....sigh!!! I can dream, can't I?
    Blessings & Hugs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  31. Stunning just stunning OMG!!!

    ReplyDelete

be kind ~ be graceful ~ be beautiful ~ be you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails