whisper your name


whisper your name on the things you find be~you~tiful . . .



Recent Posts

May 31, 2011

...mermaid grotto ~ part 1


...can you hear them?

do you hear the sirens call??

...come to the sea,
~ the sea ~
the beautiful sea...

   

   
oh mere ~ maidens,
my heart longs for a way to be there with you.
but,
that is not always possible.

so
to ease my siren desire,
i designed these paper dollies to delight!

 until i can get back to the sea,
 those mighty waves,
 the warm soft sand...
 and the mer's.

   


these elegant creatures have long entranced me.
yes,
they are a part of me ~
their mystery,
and
OH!
those beauteous tails!!

 

  
  it is no wonder

 really,

that they have found a way into my creative outpourings once again...

 
 


for it is they
who inspired my romantic ship,
from the very heartbeat i laid eyes upon it...
i think THEY brought it to me
with their mer tides
and filled my mind's eye with what a romantic sea worthy ship should look like...




i am truly mesmerized with how they turned out
a paper santos/mermaid creation.
and to see them dance ~
why,
it is poetry in motion...

  


with every spin
they will lull you ~
and with every glistening sparkle,
they
will
woo
you...

chanting their mermaid melodies

u
n
t
i
l

you surrender.




now,
it just so happens
that
my dear mother will be arriving for a short visit this week
as Nathan will be graduating HS.
a right of passage that she simply was not going to miss!
i am sooo very proud of my dear son,
and
i am thrilled she is coming!!

  


i love when she comes 
so i can transform a special space for her to spend time and rest.
(well, there is one bonus in renting, you never are stuck with the same room over and over!!)

can you maybe
guess the inspiration of this room?

hhhmmmmm....

  


did you perhaps, guess ~
MERMAIDS??!!
and do you also spy,
SWANS?!
as that is one of my adored fascinations too! 
elegant and oh-so graceful...

   
 

i am calling this room the "mermaid grotto"
and these lovely mer's and sea swans will reside there.
but,
you will have to wait until next white wednesday to visit were they will water dance  :)
tee,hee!


sharing this post with:
Faded Charm's: White Wednesday


here's to siren calls!



20 comments:

  1. Such lovely room you made......A room where you can dream on and on........How georgeous are all the things you make.
    Congratulations to your son....and cherise the moments with your mother this week.
    Richdom
    Fine evening

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just keep going back to look again! So beautiful...and surreal! Enjoy your special visit with your Mom and congrats to your son! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Rosemary, you mom is going to love her little retreat! Congratulations to your son! Enjoy every moment and relish in the fact that you can be proud of yourself for raising a young man that you can be proud of!
    I just love that boat and your swans and mermaids are sweet fantasies...t. xoxoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Rosemary, your Mom will be in sea-heaven dreaming amongst these sea ladies! Just beautiful! I do hope they will arrive in your Etsy store?
    Someday soon I will post pics of our sea down the street for you.
    Hugs, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Rosemary,
    The glittery ladies of the sea have completely wooed my heart away!! Beautiful, enchantresses!!
    Thanks for starting my week off with such delight!!
    Congrats to your son, and your Mom is so lucky to dream in a room of dreams:-)
    Hugs,
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dreamy as always....I get to spend the precious minutes it takes to read your posts and drool over your images....take me away....it's like opening a beautiful magazine...a Rosemary magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make the most beautiful things!
    Enjoy your mothers visit.....i wish i could visit whit my mother just one more time!
    Hugs Marga

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found myself lost in your images. Beautiful inspiration, and lovely ladies. Enjoy the time with your mother.

    ReplyDelete
  9. She made me smile! A good thing today. She has a lovely aura. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your mermaids are lovely! Your mom will surely enjoy staying in that room!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You never cease to AMAZE me with your gorgeous creations Rosemary!! You should be in a magazine...several pages...heck the whole magazine! :) ENCHANTING mermaids!!!!!
    Blesings~

    ReplyDelete
  12. How wonderful, she is so beautiful, and the swans are just magic. I love peeking into your imagination. xoxo Debra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Always Beautiful ~ Always Amazing....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving those mermaids girl!

    Have a great graduation and visit with Momma of Odds!

    Hugs,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  15. one more day.....
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, these girls are so beautiful especially paired with your lovely sailboat. I do have to say that I have mixed feelings about mermaids after recently seeing the new Pirates if the Caribean movie...those girls were scary!! Yours look very friendly though:-)

    Thanks for sharing your talents with us and enjoy your time with your Mom and your son's graduation.

    xoxo
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your mermaid is enchanting! I think your Mom will have such peaceful, magical dreams in the Mermaid Grotto! Thank you for once again giving us some gorgeous eye candy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. your mermaids are incredibly divine. must show my client's at the vineyard. I am lulled by their charm....

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  19. We must be cut from the same cloth, I adore mermaids and swans....and white!
    Trisha Evans
    A VIntage White

    ReplyDelete

be kind ~ be graceful ~ be beautiful ~ be you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails