whisper your name


whisper your name on the things you find be~you~tiful . . .



Recent Posts

Mar 17, 2011

...an anthropologie inspired necklace

...hello sweets!!


do ya feel lucky today??
huh??
wellll, do ya'??!!

(always wanted to say that once in my life!)
((note to self, cross off Clint's saying on bucket list))

well, in honor of St. Patrick's day,
and as that shamrock green is
sooooooooo
 not my color,
my gift to you is ~
 sharing my "anthropologie" inspired stone necklace
mini tutorial instead!!

so grab your pretties and lets begin!!

my inspiration is taken from all the pretties in the anthro jewelry section
a lot of smooth, polished stones are being used.
I really just wanted a pretty little something to wear this weekend to the sea:)
so the colors I chose for this, were muted and stormy sky colors.


 when I spied this at Target, I thought
yes!!
and then, when I turned it over to check out the price,
yes, yes!!!
was my reply, as it had been marked down.
  

loved the smoothness,
and the color was just what I was after.

I took a snippet of neutral lace
and stitched the top of it to gather it a bit,
and then put it through the jump ring and stitched it on,
like so
  

next came the flower.
now, there are many tutorials on the "burned edge" flowers
so if your not sure about these
just google it and you will find all the info you need!

I made a few in different sizes in the sea grey color I was after
 

and stacked them until I was happy with the shape,
then just stitched them together in the center.
  

add a vintage pearl drop earring...
  

and voila!
a pretty little flower for my necklace for the sea:)


"sea" how pretty it looks on?!
(my bad!)


I also made a lovely sea silk tie bracelet
I just couldn't help myself...
 

 one of my most favorite shades...

 

and the best part about this piece is,
  

I can also wear it as a choker necklace too:


I hope you were inspired to try your hand
at making something new and lovely to wear...

I will be sharing this over at Common Ground's
come see what other "luck" you have in finding something inspiring!


here's to the lovely shade of sea grey!

29 comments:

  1. ooooooooooo, and ooooooooo, soooo pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, oh so pretty, thanks for the wonderful tutorial. I love it. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. This necklace is so lovely. I hope you have a wonderful day at the ocean.

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the necklace. New to your blog and found you via Common Ground Vintage Friday. Enjoyed browsing your "pretties." Please visit me sometimes, comment and follow if you like. Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, Rosemary, this makes my heart skip a beat!!! So lovely.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are both gorgeous Rosemary! I love sea gray too, it's one of my favorite colors, thanks for the tutorial xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. These adornments are lovely. I would wear them with a linen Tshirt.
    I don't care for green, either.
    I enjoy reading your blog. It Is so romantic, charming and imaginative.

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's just lovely I'm sure better than the originals that inspired you

    ReplyDelete
  9. it's heavenly rosemary..so serenely beautiful. i love iti paired with the ruffled blouse. that bracelet/choker is gorgeous as well! you are so very, very talented mon amie! sigh...have a most delightful time at your beloved mer....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was in love with the necklace....until I saw the bracelet!!! I need one!!!! They're both beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have so much talent girl!! Love both of these. I think you should go into business! :)
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very beautiful! I love this work of art...and love! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. All your pieces are so beautiful and just so feminine....I love the shade of gray as well. Very pretty...the blouse is lovely too...
    Happy St. Patrick's Day
    Judi

    ReplyDelete
  14. it is truly gorgeous Rosemary!! love love!!

    Polly

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness! So beautiful. Thank you for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Rosemary, what beautiful pieces, you are so talented.... and all of your photo's are just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!!!
    hugs~~~ Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  17. I bet you are so stylish and stunning in all your gorgeous handmade finery! Lovely, so very lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just so lovely, Rosemary. You have such a creative spirit; all things beautiful! The bracelet/choker is wonderful. LOVE IT!!
    Thank you so much for being such a wonderful supporter of VIF. I look forward to your posts each week.
    xoxo,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  19. Rosemary, I am so glad you did this as a tutorial rather than a give away - I will definitely try these. They are both so lovely and your burned flower is just smashing!
    Thank you for sharing this, it is just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Now that is Beautiful..... Perfect Treasure for Spring! Thanks for sharing & Have a wonderful weekend, Hope you get a chance to stop on by...
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my goodness.....what talent! These pieces are utterly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are such inspiration, and your lightest touch makes the world more beautiful to me.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Rosemary,
    Completely gorgeous....wow!!! Love it & want to try making one.....:)

    xo,
    Shellagh

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh wow girl you are so like my daughter and myself...We love to find jewels on the cheep at Target and then set off to alter them !!

    Love what you have done with the rose, and the pearls nest perfectly, a perfect piece to love!!!
    xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ooooh! Rosemary forgot to mention I love the new header! I have created one for myself tooooo!

    xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  26. Rosemary, you are a wonderfull artist,
    those two pieces are gorgeus,both.
    I love the grey tones, too, and the flowers you made are BEAUTIFULL, --you are so talented--I might have said that before,dear-but I truly mean it.
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  27. As I visit your blog as well as your Etsy shop I feel an instant peace within. Your words are inspiring and your art tranquil, unique, ahhhhh inspiring, and uplifting. Your entryway table looks beautiful. How nice that your talent allows for you to transform your home into a slice of heaven. Thank you for allowing me into your world. It's a blessing.

    ReplyDelete

be kind ~ be graceful ~ be beautiful ~ be you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails