whisper your name


whisper your name on the things you find be~you~tiful . . .



Recent Posts

Jul 28, 2011

...gather ye lavender buds while ye may!

...ah the heavenly scent

of

~ lavender ~

clean...
...fresh
and simply LOVELY...




hello dear girlie's!!

i hope you're enjoying summer :)

this week,
i've been working on my outdoor
swirly iron garden chairs.




nothing difficult,
i just made new "slings" for them,
out of the softened/non-chlorine bleached drop cloths
and a few new headrest pillows.

i have two of these chairs
and they are perfect for unwinding after a long, hot day:)




like a hammock
but
better!!

(i can never seem to get comfy in a hammock!)
((i just feel "swallowed"!))




so these suite me just fine

did you happen to notice something hanging off of the chair??




and did you also
 recognize the faux "grain sack" fabric??!

i had just enough left over
from my rose-Mary rocking chair make over
to make a
~ flower gatherer ~




and just WHAT is a
~ flower gatherer ~
you may be asking yourself??




why,
it is a lovely carrier
for all your le fleurs of course!

simply grab the smooth stick handles
and away you go to your beloved garden.

snipping and cutting away to your hearts content




thinking about how beautiful
all your flowers will look inside

...or out :)




or maybe,
you like the way they look hanging off of your chair

like i do!




either way,

oh-so-loveliness!




i adore the rustic grommets,
and the hemp tied handles...




and of course
it wouldn't be complete without the ~




RUFFLES!!!




and
a pretty tag...




the little see through vellum strip
 whispers
"find beauty in all things"




after you have your cuttings for the day
you simply gather up the handles...




and you are on your way :)




sharing this with:
French Country Cottage's: Feathered Nest Friday
Freckled laundry's: Air your laundry Friday
 
 
 
 
here's to ~ lovely lavender!
 


24 comments:

  1. You are so creative, Rosemary! I adore your pretty sling chairs. Oh, how I would love to have a pair of those. And your flower carrier is so pretty too! Love the ruffles and the material.

    xo Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Rosemary!!! I have never seen a flower gatherer like this! It is just stunning!!!
    And your photos are beautiful!
    Have a lovely day!
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous and practical...my favorite combination! our photos are just dreamy! I love lavender!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just dreamy! The iron chair has great lines, and I love everything about that carrier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that carrier and the great chair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rosemary,
    Your fleur carrier/gatherer is so pretty and functional too. Everything is better with ruffles I say!

    Always so pretty here and a nice respite from the busy world. Thank you, my friend for this little peaceful place.
    xoxo~Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rosemary - you just ooze grace, peace, and femininity. Everything you touch is so beautiful and meaningful! May I ask how you bleached your drop cloths? What did you use? How long did you bleach them? :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so fabulous! I love the lavender and the bag to gather is gorgeous! I've never seen anything like it! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous sling chairs and the bag is so ME. Wonderful beautiful gorgeous all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything is just beautiful... and Beauty coupled with the Heavenly scent of fresh Lavender = Pure Bliss!

    Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Rosemary,
    Again you have made me smile! The flower gatherer, simpile, beautiful and fabulous!! Ruffles and Lavender, MMMmmmm... heavenly!!
    Hugs,
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I love this.

    Thank you for your blog visit and for your very kind words. Have a wonderful weekend!

    Blessings,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  13. How wonderful and pretty is this? Your photos are a spectacular way to start out the day! Loveliness.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your post are always so beautiful that I almost feel like an intruder.

    Hope you will please drop by and enter my $50 Overstock.com Gift Card Giveaway!! If there are 500 entries, the amount will increase the Gift Card to $100.
    Honey

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rosemary, Your posts are Always Incredible.... I wish you could bottle up some of Your Creative Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Rosemary,
    Your chairs look so comfy...and PRETTY!...and the carry-bag...now that is beauty AND function...
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Rosemary!! You always have such wonderful inspirations over here! Love your 'hammock' chair and the lavender is just gorgeous!! We should plan to meet in Tahoe sometime!! We have been trying to get there this Summer for the day!! Thanks for linking up at my party! Hugs, Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  18. i absolutely adore your flower carrier!! do you think you might offer them sometime on etsy? and mmmm, yay for lavender!! xxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Rosemary!
    Did you mean to put the Fabulous Flower Gatherer in
    My box before it was mailed ??????
    I simply adore it!
    How beautiful!
    xoxo
    mia

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thankyou for a most wonderful visit, dear Rosemary.
    I adore the music-the photoes, and all you do with your clever hands.
    Thankyou.
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are living in my dream Rosemary. And I LOVE the flower gatherer sooo much. Just beautiful.
    The chair turned out so pretty too. I can't do the hammock either because I get motion sick.lol!
    sending hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi, Rosemary! I'm admiring all your creative posts here. Can you please share them at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there at the party :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are so comfy looking and lovely. Did you create the grain sack stripe on the fabric for the fleur carrier? It's gorgeous! Always love your projects, dear heart! xxoo, Debra

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh. my. beautiful. I love this. I wish you were my neighbor, Rosemary! Featuring this tonight. Thank you for linking with Air Your Laundry Friday! xo Jami

    ReplyDelete

be kind ~ be graceful ~ be beautiful ~ be you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails