whisper your name


whisper your name on the things you find be~you~tiful . . .



Recent Posts

Jun 14, 2012

...peony princess

hello dearest readers!

and
thank you ~
 for visiting the land of odds...

a place,
where you can come to escape into fairyland

even if only for a moment!!





aren't peonies one of the loveliest of flowers?

their season is but fleeting

they no sooner
 delight us with their elegant blooms,
and almost ~
in the blink of an eye,
they are gone...





this year,
i was fortunate to have 32
pink and white peony bushes!!

(do you think the landlord would notice
if i packed them
and took them with me?!?)
LOL!!




 i desired to capture their beauty to behold
as best as i could
so that long after they were spent,
i could still reflect upon their pure beauty!

here are what peonies look like through my eyes...

~ enjoy ~




~ a peony princess ~





climbing a ladder...





to catch a glimpse...





of the rarely seen...




peony bird!

have you ever seen one?

you would know it if you did,
for their nests are spun out of lace!




and oh!
 
what ethereal delight,
to step upon petals so soft and fragrant 

i should think that we were indeed
in fairyland!





could you imagine the feeling of petals upon your toes?!?

sheer bliss...






i loved how this next image looks fluttery
and  the peony petals are suspended in mid air
f-o-r-e-v-e-r!!





and if we were,

 to perchance

d
  r
    e
      a
    m
         .
       .
   .





upon a bed of peony petals...





do you think,
we'd ever wake?!





dreamy delightfulness!!

and that,
my dears,

is what peonies look like through my eyes:)



sharing this with:
brambleberry cottage's: time travel thursday
common ground's: vintage inspiration
french country cottage's: feathered nest friday
romantic home's: show and tell friday
the charm of home's: home sweet home
rooted in thyme's: simple sweet fridays


 
here's to beautiful peonies!!

22 comments:

  1. My dear Rosemary,

    You once again inspire and enlighten-who knew about those Peony Birds??!!! ;-) I love this post because it is so fun and dreamlike and well, YOU!

    Enjoy your weekend my friend,
    Judy

    P.S. I adore peonies-our few are bloomed out so I may have to make due with a little bouquet from the store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning images. I love the bed of peonies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rosemary...
    Now this is decandent!! Amazing... Stunning! I love when the fairy goes to sleep in the petals... sigh...
    Hugs,
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rosemary,
    Such a lovely images! What a beautiful way to capture the pure beauty of your peonies!
    XO
    ~Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty pretty post! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear RoseMary,
    I do have a Peony bird,-It flew all the way, many years ago, from your garden to mine- when I purchased one of your beautiful birds, I still love it :-)
    So wonderful photoes as alwayes, of your beautiful daughter!
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Peonies are indeed my fav Flower... and your Images are Ethereal!

    Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rosemary....you truly know how to spin a sweet tale from simple beauty. I always love the way you entwine a story around your beautiful photos. ♥ Is that your daughter in that magnificent dress? She should seek out a modeling career. :) Peonies have always been my favorite flower in the garden, right next to roses. I love their feminine ruffly-ness and their intoxicating fragrance.

    So, where are you moving to now....? :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rosemary,
    Your photos are lovely.Yes peonies are gorgeous flowers.Yours are beautiful!!!!!
    (((Hugs))))
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here I am looking at your peonies again! Amazing lushness!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i have to say, that i truly love to look at the ARTWORK that you display on your blog. your pics are absolutely gorgeous. what a wonderful job you do. and so very original. cant wait for your new posts, but have to say, this one is one of my favs. thanks for sharing. you are definitely one of a kind. im amazed at your work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a dreamy and enchanting post. Peonies are one of my favorites, but I do wish they would last longer:-)

    xoxo
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  13. indeed a peony princess resides here :)
    Love the photos of beauty, my daughters favorite flower :)

    Rosemary PLEASE!! visit, I am having a soulful GiveAway and would like you in the mix :)
    I know how much you love GiveAways, this is one that would bring inspiration to your style as it does mine :)

    See you soon dear friend.
    xoxo
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh and PS....I forgot to mention how I love the new header of "LOVE"
    xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  15. That was so completely delightful... oh my gosh... i love the way you create

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness Rosemary! Such beautiful photos once again! And did I hear you right?? 32 bushes!! That is just wrong!! ha...just kidding!! So happy for you!
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  17. Here are those ethereal peonies again LOL...I finally got some of my own. The petals still retain a scent even dried...I love them. I made a post about my quest for them. http://fairycafeandgarden.blogspot.com/2012/06/peonies.html The white ones were the most dreamy ones I've ever had. Your post is beautiful, and I'm happier today for having been here :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Truly dreamy, Rosemary! Seeing the Land of Peony through your eyes was quite delightful! And your fairy princess is a lovely lass. ;)

    Thanks for linking to Time Travel Thursday again. Have you entered my "French-inpired" giveaway? Tonight is the last night to do so.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful!!! Every time I visit San Luis Obispo, CA I marvel at the peonies. Here in Texas we just don't have them. They can't take the heat. And to tell the truth... neither can I. Have a great weekend.
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Rosemary,
    How lucky you are to have captured a glimpse of a beautiful fairy at play among the flowers! Lovely.
    We'd love to have you share this vision with us at WIW, too.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete

be kind ~ be graceful ~ be beautiful ~ be you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails