whisper your name


whisper your name on the things you find be~you~tiful . . .



Recent Posts

Jul 9, 2014

a pretty pearl paper pajaki...



hello again dear hearts! 
my ~ 
but it has been a few days since my last posting!!

I hope your summer has been filled with many beautiful days
just full of happy activities 
as mine has been :)

last week, in a few spare moments
I created a pajaki...




Have you ever heard of them?!
Polish paper chandeliers??

well, 
I hadn't until I spied a most lovely one
over at Fete et Fleur's blog
I simply feel head over heels in love with the concept
and was inspired to make one too!

There are many "diy" tutorials on these
traditionally, they were made from straws and pieces of colored scrap paper
but I wished to make mine using pearl white paper
I don't believe that there is any one way to string them

simply gather up a few pretty paper things and have fun!




I used pearl tissue paper and made flower poms
 and paper punched circles out
of a pearl tissue sheet treated with wax paper
so when I sewed them together 
they would resemble illuminated capiz shells!




I looked for plain pearl straws
and would have even settled for plain white ones
 that I would have pearled myself
LOL!!

but,




I used these silver and white paper straws instead, 
incorporating tiny paper rose flowers between each straw section
for even more whimsy!




these pretty paper chandeliers could be used for parties ~
How lovely would a few strung over a food table be with a few twinkle lights?!!




or 
a baby mobile in a nursery?!?
I added a paper swan silhouette cutout
but you could use any shape you adore!




there are so many inspiring things in blog land!
and don't even get me started on pinterest!!

but how awesome is the ripple effect??
When we share the pretties we make for our homes
that bring a smile or a happy thought to our hearts 
that will perhaps in turn,
 inspire someone else's heart too!! 




I wish you all
 many lovely moments
living authentic, joyful days!


sharing this post with:
french country cottage's: feathered nest friday
shabby art boutique's: shabbilicious friday



here's to pretty paper pajaki's!

12 comments:

  1. Przecudny!!
    Mój Dziadziuś robił kiedyś takie żyrandole pająki, były typowo ludowe. Z kolorowej bibuły i z prawdziwej słomy.
    Pozdrawiam :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. how lovely, as usual- a lot of work and patience I would guess. Nice to see you again

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, this is so pretty!!! I want to make one. Thanks for the inspiration and enjoy your pajaki!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely and creative. One would make a wonderful welcome to a special guest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful. I wish my ceilings were higher to add large ones of these, maybe I can make one fit over my staircase!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another absolutely gorgeous creation, Rosemary! I've not heard of these before. You send out beautiful, inspiring ripples!
    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Lin

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is just beautiful--I have never seen anything like it. It looks so pretty and delicate. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm completely In love with this. It's so airy and sweet and just plain beautiful. I love the striped straws with it all too...

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad to see that you had a wonderful summer, Rosemary! So good to see you back here! :) And....as usual, you brought such a sweet, beautiful, and creative project to us. I love the whole idea of this darling pajaki! Hope you have a wonderful weekend, my friend!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  10. so lovely, as usual Rosemary!! Glad things are going well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You never fail to astonish me with your creativity Rosemary. This is stunning! And so inspiring too. Sending you hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful and delicate! I love the idea of making these for parties or for an enchanted spot at home. Hugs ~ Heidi

    ReplyDelete

be kind ~ be graceful ~ be beautiful ~ be you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails