whisper your name


whisper your name on the things you find be~you~tiful . . .



Recent Posts

Feb 15, 2010

...yummmmm!

I would like to know...
Do you like potato pancakes as much as I do?


Every year around this time,
I crave these!!!
cripsy
shredded
goodness!
I thought I'd share another recipe
that has taken me a few tries
to perfect these tasty cakes!


When I first made them ~
I followed Martha's recipe to a t!
~ and they were good...
at lunch time!!
but
being  more like a Sandra Lee girl
in that,
 I welcome a little help to cut my steps down!
that,
 and I would actually like to eat them for breakfast!
 I take a little help from Ore-Ida
 (that mandolin shredder is sharp, I tell ya!!)
~
Here is my altered recipe for potato pancakes!
Don't worry, these go together quickly!

* 1 bag of Ore-Ida Hashbrown shreds
(I like the flavor of the one with the red peppers)
* 1/2 cup chopped organic spring onions/scallions
(green part, unless you really like the white part,
in which case, go for it!)
* 2 large, organic eggs, slightly beaten
* 1/2 artisan beer
( I know what your thinking, but trust me, it makes a difference!!
I like the flavor the darker ales bring, 
but again, use your "flavor-ite"!)
* 1/2 cup shredded good parmesan cheese
(or use your favorite)
* 3 Tablespoons all purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon sea salt
* fresh ground black pepper to taste
* olive oil for frying
* garnish: creme fraiche (or sour cream), chopped chives,
and diced prosciutto that you have already fried

 * In a beautiful large bowl combine the shredded potatoes, spring onions and cheese shreds.
 * Then fold in the slightly beaten eggs, beer, flour, salt and pepper.
* In a heavy skillet heat over medium high heat, about a 1/4 inch of olive oil.
When oil is hot but not smoking, spoon about a 1/2 cup of potato mixture in skillet per pancake.
Depending on the size of your skillet, you can make a few at a time, being careful they don't run into each other.
* Fry on both sides until golden brown (about 4 - 6 minutes total, but I like mine a little more crispy so I just watch them! Drain on paper towels. Keep warm in a low oven (150 degrees F.)  while preparing others. Serve hot with a dollop of creme fraiche, chives and fried prosciutto.

~
I do hope you try these delicious potato pancakes!

 

and hope you Enjoy!

xo



 




3 comments:

  1. Yummy! Thanks for sharing, they look so good i could grab them threw the photo! Lol..Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never had these, but it looks really nice.
    I have to try these once.
    Thanks and bon appetite

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for entered my giveaway!
    Good luck!
    Federica
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

be kind ~ be graceful ~ be beautiful ~ be you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive