whisper your name


whisper your name on the things you find be~you~tiful . . .



Recent Posts

Dec 1, 2011

...angel cloth

...hello enchanted ones!

would you like to see what angel cloth looks like?

did you know that there was such a thing?

i didn't!




and i have worked around fabrics all of my adult life...
i studied textiles in college
and even managed a Jo-Ann Fabrics store, once upon a time.
fabrics have somehow,
 always been a part of my life in some way or another.




every year,
when making out my christmas list,
i try to always create a most special gift
for my dearest, bestest friend
who also just so happens to be my mom,
(absolutely no pressure there!)
a gift,
unique and one of a kind 

a gift,
that is spun from my soul
and that is the best part of who i am....




this year,
my muse has delighted in making what i like to call,
angel cloth!

it has taken me weeks to gather all of my supplies
of the most beautiful fibers you could imagine
from all over the world!

silk, lace, wool fibers, crystals, pearls

the technique i used is known as "nuno felting"
and

i
am
h
o
           o      d
           k  e
          



it is like working with cotton candy...
delicate, ethereal and light
layer upon beautiful layer

it is not a creative project for the faint of heart
but,
a labor of love...




i was so intimidated by the process
that it took me two weeks just to read and re-read
and then read again, all that was involved!

i tentatively took the plunge and gave it all that i had!




and now,

well ~

now,
 i.  am.  transfixed upon it!
it has captured my creative heart
and i feel like the dancing girl in the red shoes...

LOL!!
it is like a nuno felting factory in my studio...
and in the kitchen
and in the hallways...

i can't stop!!




can you blame me?
isn't it just oh-sooooo-lovely??!!




i love the strands of silk fibers running through the wool.

and you know how i simply adore embellishing things full tilt,
so hand sewing tiny sparkling crystals,
glistening rhinestones,
dreamy pearls and iridescent sequins
were not out of the ordinary for this angel cloth!

noooo sir-reee!




my muse has caught me by surprise with this endeavor
and i couldn't be more thrilled!

what you are viewing in this post is a scarf
and a wrist cuff adornment...




i am mesmerized at the softness of them
they are lighter than air...




i wonder if angel's ethereal gowns could be made from cloth such as this?!?!




hhhhmmmmmm....

i still have some silk and wool fiber left,
what do you think i should make next???
perhaps a bowl,
to stash my nuno fibers in?

i would be interested to hear your thoughts...

~


sharing this post with:
French Country Cottage's: Feathered Nest Friday
Freckled Laundry's: Air Your Laundry Friday
Romantic Home's: Show and Tell Friday



here's to spun angel cloth!

27 comments:

  1. You are simply amazing, always creating the most beautiful objects and lovely posts. Your mother is sure to be pleased with so fine and delicate a gift.

    Not that I would ever have the patience, but I would like to know more about it.

    Thank you for linking this bit of lovliness to Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, it's like woven gossamer, magical... I've never heard of angel cloth... but I'm completely enchanted...

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen anything as lovely and etheral as this. It's so pretty and definitely like angel wings.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! Rosemary you have outdone yourself this time! Truly gorgeous, I'm sure your mum will L.O.V.E. it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm speechless, you're a great artist,I never seen anything like this, I ♥ it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so amazingly beautiful. Just keep doing something with it and taking photographs....please.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never seen anything like it before. It is lovely.

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just gorgeous!!!! Love your angel cloth!
    ~ Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aptly named...Angel cloth. It is heavenly, it truly does look other worldly it's so delicate.
    I would love to have you share this beauty at my party! http://theshadyporch.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wowwww...my month wide open.......love it !!!..........♥.. ♥... ♥....

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am totally speechless Rosemary!!!!!! {and trust me that does NOT happen. lol} So very beautiful!!!!!!!
    Blessings~
    Sandi@WaysideTreasures

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I would LOVE to try my hand at this!!! Would you please guide me as to where to start? Suggestions.... I likr you sm transfixed!!!! STUNNING! Thank you!
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutely dreamy and amazing. WOW! I would love it if you could post this enchanting post to our newly launched linky party. Hope you can join us.

    Paula
    ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

    P.S. I love your music...fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh be still my heart...this is most beautiful. I will be dreaming of angels with beautiful flowing angel cloth..very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hmmmmm.....I think you should make me a scarf. lol! And I now know what your job will be in heaven, Rosemary.... :) This is just breathtakingly beautiful!!! Hugs to you!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah....as always, your post is ethereal. Just like you my friend!

    Hugs,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazingly beautiful, as always. I can see why it's called angel cloth. Heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I know your mom will be so thrilled to received a gift. How gorgeous is this!!!!!! I'm pretty sure this is the cloth used in Heaven!
    sending hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh dearest, this cloth is a MUST HAVE!!!! I love how you weave such a SPIRIT into your work; that is what makes certain artists stand apart from others....finding THE RIGHT MATERIALS to make a piece DIFFERENT. This is just fabulous. AND THANK YOU SO MUCH for the Martha Graham quote dearest. How true, how very true. Our lives are so special yet fleeting; I got a call last night informing me that one of the children in my grade level parent died yesterday. And here we were just YESTERDAY, enjoying The Nutcracker, seeing the young ones dance. I have to go into school today to prepare to discuss this with the others......

    Life is beautiful. Anita

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a heavenly gift. Your mom is going to flip. If you haven't given it to her yet. I can never wait for Christmas, that's part of the joy of giving, the anticipation of their reaction. Come by my blog if you have time. I just posted a vintage garland tutorial and giveaway, that I think you might enjoy. Thanks, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  21. You have outdone yourself with this one. Holy beautiful. Never have I heard of angel cloth until now and I am so intrigued by this nuno felting technique. LOVELY!

    xo
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my I wish I was one of your best friends to get a gift out of this...you are truly magic!! Holiday wishes and blessing to you, Di

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a lovely find.
    I've never heard of angel cloth...will you perchance show more?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Rosemary, this is exquisite! I have NEVER seen anything like it. I just want to sit and stare at it....your mother will LOVE this and cherish it always....you outdid yourself....So beautiful...your talent amazes me :)

    Lou Cinda

    ReplyDelete

be kind ~ be graceful ~ be beautiful ~ be you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails