whisper your name


whisper your name on the things you find be~you~tiful . . .



Recent Posts

Jan 20, 2011

...fairy dancers


...hello my sweets!


the beautiful sun was out today
and
so were the fairies
 that usually stay hidden in my house!

let me sprinkle you with fairy dust
so that you may see them too!!

...close your eyes...

***xoxoxx**oo**xxxoox***xoxox**
(me, blowing fairy dust!!)

here we goooooo...

have you ever seen
a stained glass fairy??


well,
now you have:)
don't you just pink puffy heart her crown?!

and dear readers...
n
o
w
I'm going to confess something to you...
something i have never shared with anyone else!
I have a secret fetish ~

I simply
ADORE
these:


yes, it's true!
they are the tiny ballerinas found in little girl musical jewelry boxes,
that I can never seem to find!
I seek high and lo for them
and
whenever I spy with my little eye a tiny jewelry box,
I twirl with sheer glee in anticipation that one may be inside!!!!
(now you'll know who I am if you ever observe this phenomenon!!)
((it's ok, I'm used to people always looking at me strangely!!))
anyhoo,
I have been searching for years for a manufacturer of these beauties
but have never been able to find just where I can buy them...
 do any of you dear readers know of any?
I would be VERY grateful!!

moving on.

these vintage powder compacts fascinate me...
like beauty lockets, full of the prettiest shades of powder


and when you open them
...oh what magic contained inside!

~ fairy dust ~
to make us glow:)
(where do you think I got that magic fairy dust that I sprinkled all over you, hhhhmmmmm???!)


and really ~
is there any other number to wear??!
(I should think NOT!)
do you think maybe Chanel could have been inspired?

perhaps...
 

and I simply knew I'd love this vintage book
covered in a fabulous fabric,
aged to perfection!

who knew tiny fairy wings would be tucked within the pages
but alas,
none of them are my size
sigh...


I just love it when the fairies come out to play,
don't you?!!

oh,
and don't worry about the magic dust...
the happy, glee twirling will wear off ~
in a day or two!!
lol!!


joining up with Debra's Vintage Inspiration Friday
 My Romantic Home's Show and Tell Friday 
French Country Cottage's Feathered Nest Friday



here's to magical days!

15 comments:

  1. Dear Rosemary,
    It's been ever so long since my last visit. Maybe that is why I've been feeling a bit down. I needed some of your sparkle and magic!
    Everything you do is so beautiful ~ by the way do you sell those sweet little French Faeries you have on your sidebar???
    Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosemary, you always bring such beauty to the party, thank you, dear heart for sharing the magic.
    XOXO,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your fairy dancers. If I ever see any, I will send them to you!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooooooooooo very pretty. I bought a jewelry box on Etsy today but, no ballerina sorry to say. Have a wonderful weekend. Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  5. how sweet and enchaining. as for those petite jewelry box dancers...i don't have the faintest idea where you might buy them in bulk but i will promise you THIS.....if i EVER see 1 or 2 at a flea market or thrift store..from NOW ON...i will buy them for you! you know i adore you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your post is really sweet. I really love these tiny ballerinas too. I always will open vintage jewel boxes while thrifting just to see if there is a little twirling ballerina inside.

    -Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  7. nothing would make me happier than to keep my eyes open for you and the little fairies. you can just never tell. those precious little dears. Bestest,Denise

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rosemary... I love fairies... thank you for sprinkling fairy dust on me today!... your vintage compacts are gorgeous, and I will keep my eyes open for the little ballerinas from inside jewelry boxes... precious!... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful post and from a beautiful soul.
    Very sweet background music and your blog background is gorgeous!

    I too, will keep my eyes open for the ballerinas, absolutely!

    xoxoxoxo Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sprinkling me with fairy dust! It sure helps brighten this snowy day in New England!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your creativity just never stops amazing me! I don't know who makes the little ballerinas but I'll keep my eyes pealed.

    Blessings... Polly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Magical post! I love those little music box dancers too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I found one of these little ballerinas:
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/65436362/vintge-style-ballerina-pink-cupcake?ref=sr_list_40&ga_search_query=pink%2Bplastic%2Bsetting&ga_search_type=supplies&ga_shopname=fancysquirrel&ga_page=3
    It's classified as a cupcake topper. So maybe you'll find more using that description! Good luck!
    Bring the sheep over any time!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Your blog is breathtaking. Just like your items in your shop.

    I have purchased some item's from you in the past. And have given some to family as treasured gifts.

    I am honored you are now a follower of "Rose Petals from Heaven".

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there~ What a delightful dreamy collection of treasures! So pretty! I just adore the little ballerinas-sooo charming and sweet! Thank you for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete

be kind ~ be graceful ~ be beautiful ~ be you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails