whisper your name


whisper your name on the things you find be~you~tiful . . .



Recent Posts

Apr 19, 2011

...a ruffley tablecloth, pretty pearled napkins and lovely lambie!!

...hello dear readers

I'm so happy you have come to visit today!!

Would you like to see
what I have been working on this week?

I've been working on my Easter table...

I made a lovely, ruffle tablecloth from a vintage linen tablecloth ~
I have been collecting beautiful, heavy ones,
preferably with roses on them,
 for years.


after making my choice for the base,
I then sewed miles
and MILES
of ruffles around and around!!
(did I mention there were miles of ruffles?)

doesn't it look like a beautiful dress?!
and it fits my oval, pedestal table perfectly


my theme this year are white and periwinkle wild violets
lambs and crosses.
here is a little corner embellishment on my ruffled cloth...
they are vintage velvet violets, tied up with diaphanous silk ribbons
in luscious colors.
 they were what I had left over
from my table centerpiece 
    

here are the napkin rings I've settled on...


I used a pearl napkin ring and added a satin rosette and rhinestone sprigs
as I like a little sparkle!
  

I rather fancy how they turned out, don't you??
I think they will match my ruffley white plates very nicely.


and now dear ones...
here is the
piece de la resistaunce centerpiece

I'd like to present to you

~ lambie ~


I've been working on him for a month
and now he is complete.

I am in love...
  

he is made out of a topiary frame that I found - here
and the most perfect rosette trim from  - here
as are the vintage velvet violets.


I just knew when I saw these rosettes
that they were perfect
as they look like swirly, curly baby lamb fur to me
only ~
romanced!!!
I first tried to swath my lambie in vintage lace 
but
lambie quickly let me know that
a. he was a he
and
b. no lace!!
his exact word to me were  - "baaahhah, no!!"

see his crown?
 there are those violets!!


I made him a crown of them and twisted some of my pearl adorned wire,
added more lovely silk ribbon
and
viola!!
I also gave him little eyelashes
tee,hee


aahhhh!
look ~
he is smiling at you!


he is even cute from the back :)

can you believe that this:


now looks like this:
 

see lovely lambie?
see lovely lambie smile?
smile, lovely lambie -
SMILE!!

and hopefully you are smiling too!

I'll be sharing this post with:
Faded Charm's: White Wednesday


and
later this week,
I'll be back to show you my lambie cookies and tabletop
so come back and visit again.
until then,


here's to Easter pretties to enrich happy moments!

26 comments:

  1. Your lamb is precious and beautiful. Happy Easter to you.

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so pretty I love lambie. It is all so white and dreamy and serene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lamby is adorable. Your Easter table is dreamy! I am visiting from Faded Charm's White Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! I love how Lambie turned out - Rosemary, you are a genious! But then let's give the credit where due... to the Lamb, who sits upon the throne...
    May your Resurrection Day be blessed...

    Suzi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything Rosemary, but WOW sewing yards and yards of ruffles?? I applaud you!!!! Gorgeous lambie and table!!
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything is perfection! Love the lamb...and the rows and rows of lace! Gorgeous! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. my jaw just hit my keyboard again mon amie! lambie is ever so stunning...what detail..what time! and that tablecloth...sooooooo dreamy! j'adore!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your lamb is adorable! How creative to think of that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll be over for Easter, Rosemary. And I wouldn't dare spill an ounce of asparagus on that gorgeous ruffled table of yours. Lambie would smile at me, as he is Divine. What a miracle worker you are - I can't believe the transformation from that simple topiary.
    What a blessed gift you have Rosemary!
    Happiest Easter to you!
    - Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can I come for dinner? Rosemary, you need to submit this to magazines. It's just incredible, and I am a lambie lover for sure!!
    love ya bunches,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to have your gorgeous miles of ruffles tablecloth. Oh my! Such loveliness!
    The little lamb is adorable too.

    hugs

    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Rosemary it's all just beautiful! Love love little lambie! and that tablecloth, OH MY!! Wish I had time to plan an Easter table as lovely as yours! Your guests and family are so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Rosemary your Easter table is so exquisite, all you make has an enchantment that speaks of a loving and creative home.....I look at your beautiful things and it brings me such pleasure to see them.
    HUgs Lynn
    HAve a wonderful Easter xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lambie is inspired-just lovely!
    enJOY a lovely Easter,
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness....you have been busy!!!! I didn't think it could get any better than the tablecloth....amazing but then there were napkin rings and lambie!!! I can't believe you created him....he's B-eautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rosemary, LOVE your lamb-how wonderful an idea, dear-and your work with napkins and tablecloth is divine-everything set for a queen to visit-you are so clever, and such a wonderful artist.
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness your table is so beautiful!! You are really talented. I am so glad that I found your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are amazing, I am smiling. That lamb is adorable and I'd like to know how long it takes to make one. You work paid off, your Easter table is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh MY Goodness Rosemary, first your little lamb is just precious! second, please give us a class on how to make ruffles...how long did this beauty take?? I'm in love!! I'm also on my way over...LOL!!
    Wishing you a Happy and Blessed Easter!
    xoxo
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my, your tablecloth & lambie are gorgeous!!! Such clever and beautiful ideas!
    Wishing you a very Happy Easter,
    Zuzu

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful~ Miles well sewn & the Sweetest little Lamb.... Blessing for Easter.
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lambie is adorable. He has won my heart! Beautiful work, Rosemary!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am in awe, Rosemary, for all the exquisite beauty you lovingly create and share. Lambie is precious and has so much character! And your ruffly tablecloth...I am speechless! Forever beauty! A Blessed Easter to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  24. He is beautiful! How perfect as we celebrate the resurrection of the Lamb of God.

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are the most creative woman in the world!


    Bisous,

    Sandy @ My Shabby Streamside Studio
    http://myshabbystreamsidestudio.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

be kind ~ be graceful ~ be beautiful ~ be you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails