whisper your name


whisper your name on the things you find be~you~tiful . . .



Recent Posts

Dec 28, 2010

...white hot love

...hello dear readers!

I hope your Christmas celebrations were most lovely!


~ for this weeks White Wednesday post,
I thought about sharing a glimpse of our happy family weekend!
It truely was all sooo very joyous,
from the sugar cookie baking day,
to the candle light service night,
and of course
opening those "dirty stockings"
LOL!!
  
but instead,
my heart lead me in another direction...
I wish to share this very special gift that I 
was given m-a-n-y years ago from my most wise, beloved mother...

it is something that attached to my heart
from the moment I read it,
and has inspired me to live my life with this mantra:
Good is NOW!!!
and that there is absolutely
 NOTHING
on God's green earth that means more than this kind of LOVE!
unconditional
white hot
love!! 


It is my gift to you today,
may this little story find favor in your hearts...

~

“Gold Wrapping Paper”
 
  
The story goes
 that some time ago a mother punished her five year old daughter for wasting a roll of expensive gold wrapping paper. Money was tight and she became even more upset when the child used the gold paper to decorate a box to put under the Christmas tree.

Nevertheless, the little girl brought the gift box to her mother the next morning and then said,
“This is for you, Momma.”

The mother was embarrassed by her earlier over reaction,
but her anger flared again when she opened the box and found it was empty.
She spoke to her daughter in a harsh manner.

“Don't you know, young lady, when you give someone a present there's supposed to be something inside the package?”

She had tears in her eyes and said,
 “Oh, Momma, it's not empty!
 I blew kisses into it until it was full.”

The mother was crushed.
She fell on her knees and put her arms around her little girl, and she begged her forgiveness for her thoughtless anger.

An accident took the life of the child only a short time later,
and it is told that the mother kept that gold box by her bed for all the years of her life.

Whenever she was discouraged or faced difficult problems she would open the box and take out an imaginary kiss and remember the love of the child who had put it there.

In a very real sense,
each of us, as human beings,
have been given a Golden box filled with unconditional love and kisses from our children, family, friends. There is no more precious possession anyone could ever ask for.
 
 
I continue to seek...
 and give
 this kind of love!!

~
Sharing this very special gift over at Kathleen's
~ White Wednesday ~




here's to gifts that simply can not be bought!

12 comments:

  1. Hello sweet Rosemary,
    What a lovely story and I'm so glad that you shared it with us. Sometimes we can't always see the gifts we are given and the ones we can't see are usually the best.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful story it made me cry. With three young ones, being snowed in, tempers can be high and just when you are ready to blow and start yelling, my little one will come running up and melt my heart, but mom I just wanted to give you a hug. Thank you so much for sharing that story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well now through my tears I will say thank you for such a touching post... and so true. Wishing you a new year filled with love and kisses
    Blessings
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet story Rosemary!

    Happy New Year my beautiful friend!

    Love,
    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this story, so touching!
    Wish you joy and peace in the New Year!
    Hugs,
    Margaret B

    ReplyDelete
  6. That kind of love is a very precious thing. This was a lovely post!
    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOW do you come up with one amazing post after another? YOU ARE A MIRACLE! I am so glad to have found you & keep you as a favorite! I look forward to another year of seeing what you share. THANK YOU!!! You are beatufiul & create such beauty around you! Happy New Year!
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such lovely story.......a tear in my eye....
    Wishing you a fine new year my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Rosemary, a most beautiful post and heartwarming story. ~ I do hope your Christmas was a blissful one! May the coming New Year bring you fathomless good tidings. May the coming months fill your heart with untold happiness and may each day shine luminously bright! Hugs, P. :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sad, yet wonderful story, with a great messagae... LOVE!
    Blessings~
    Gwenny

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a special, beautiful story Rosemary! It reminds us to be truly grateful for the loves in our lives. THANK YOU for sharing, and happy new year!
    - Susan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Rosemary,
    I'm sitting here balling like a baby!! Thanks! :)
    That story is so beautiful. Thank you so much for the kind words you always leave me on my blog, it really means a lot to me!!
    Have a joyous and healthy New Year!
    Sincerely,
    melinda

    ReplyDelete

be kind ~ be graceful ~ be beautiful ~ be you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails