whisper your name


whisper your name on the things you find be~you~tiful . . .



Recent Posts

Dec 16, 2010

...my tube sock stockings!!

...hello my little gumdrops!!

I feel it only fair to warn you ~

I am feeling a little ornery today:)
I blame it on the holiday punch!!

you see,

I've
been
a
very
d
i
r
t
y
girl...

HA!!!


yep!
I just couldn't help myself...

do you think Santa will maybe let this one thing slide??

It all started in that $ tree
when I was picking up MORE "holy candles"
(((big hit I tell ya'!)))
and went downhill from there!!
  

I shoulda' left those darn tube socks on the rack...
but NOOOoooooo!!
I saw potential in them,
I think I heard them whispering:
"aahhhh, come on Rosemary,
just ONE more project isn't going to kill ya'!"
~ so home they came with me!!
  

I knew that these humble tubes of cheap cotton
could be spun into
oh-so-lovely stockings
with a few supplies I always have on hand!!
  

first, the lace got sewn on all random like,
as everyday elegance is what I am after:)
Then,
(this is the dirty part!)
I grunged em' up real good!!
paper tags,
 handmade cotton roses,
torn strips of cotton for ribbon,
snowflakes ~
nothing was safe
and all went in for a dip!

When it came time to embellish them a bit further
(I know, but it's in my contract, I'm part crow!!)
I sprayed some silver glitter all over them
...
eeewwwwwwhh ~ purrrrrtttttyyyy!!
but
NOT enough!

So I added a happy jingle bell fleur to the toe


nice!

but the "girl" stockings said
"yah, NO!"
"you're sooo going to have to do better than that!!"

humph!

can you imagine?
dirty girl stockings talking to me like that?!!
so...


I gave them a little extra bling:)
they must have liked it,
 as for the rest of the day
the only thing I heard outta' them was the words to "Santa Baby!!"
LOL!!


I put a white sparkle initial on each of the stockings tags
so "Santa" Baby" 
ie. ~ hubby o' mine
would know whose was whose
as he is the stocking filler upper:) 
((this alone is h-y-s-t-e-r-i-c-a-l! and something I have come to really look forward too!!))
each stocking dangles from a hand stamped ribbon that simply says
Find beauty in all things


well, I think that I can check this off my list!
for today anyway!!

~ sharing this over at:
Freckled Laundry's:  ~ Air your laundry Friday ~
My Romantic Home's: ~ Show and tell Friday ~
Come see all the inspiring things that are going on!!


here's to cheap, dirty ~ tube socks!!!

27 comments:

  1. You are creative AND funny! I love it. Keep us posted on how your hubby fills the stockings this year - Merry Christmas! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only you could make cheap dollar store tube socks look so elegant! Just lovely!

    -Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a fun post more even more so.... beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute post... and who would have thought that tube socks could be so pretty!!!
    hugs~~ Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your tube socks! They definitely aren't tube socks anymore!!! Fabulous!
    ~ Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rosemary!! Gosh, I have missed you so much and am so glad to be able to visit everyone again :) These stockings are amazing!! Everything you create is always so beautiful :)
    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. MARVELOUS!!!!!!!! Is there nothing safe from your MAGIC????!!!!????? LOVE IT! I can't wait to see what he puts in those stockings. Hope you'll share!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omigosh Rosemary! Those are absolutely the most romantic looking Christmas stockings I've ever seen. I love love love them so!

    Merry Christmas to you!
    -marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rosemary,

    I just love your stockings....of course, I wouldn't ever expect anything other than fabulous from you. ♥

    So inspiring!

    Hope you are having a wonderful day,
    Hugs,
    Stephanie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amusing and clever post, Rosemary! Tube socks never looked so good. I'm going to raid my husband's drawer...hee hee.
    LOVE your talent!
    - susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Rosemary,
    I just love these, I truly do! I have so much admiration for you and others who are truly talented with their art!
    I would love to have some of these around my home all year round!
    Thank you for you kind words on my blog today, it's always very much appreciated!!
    Happy Holidays!
    Sincerely,
    melinda

    ReplyDelete
  12. goodness.... anyone who can make dollar store stockings look enchanting really is "Ozma of Odds!"

    ReplyDelete
  13. AWE, so pretty, all your touches really jazzed up those socks! Your projects are so much fun! Your photos simply blow me away, Rosemary.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rosemary, do you know how awesome you are???? REALLY awesome, my friend, and the most talented girl I know! These are amazing little stockings.
    hugs to you...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now this is about the cutest idea yet! I love love it and may have to work in just one-more-project myself! Very inspiring.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  16. You come up with the most amazing ideas, and they work! The stockings are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Keep a watchful eye on these sockings.....
    Santa just might take these up the chimney with him.
    Mr. and Mrs. Clause slipper socks!
    How Festive are these!!!
    Lovely......
    xoxo Mia

    ReplyDelete
  18. Rosemary, you are a hoot and ever so creative. my eyes love you and what they see. eye candy,yum,yum. Bestest,Denise

    ReplyDelete
  19. So happy you squeezed in one more project ~ I love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE IT! That $ Tree is a trap! I was sucked in by snowflakes and decorated a room I said I wouldn't. Love the dirty stockings!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi, I came over from tales of an OC, love your blog, every time I think I have found all of the good blogs, I find one more, I am your newest follower!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Rosemary, only YOU could make "dirty tube socks" look so fabulous! AND you are waaaay too funny!
    love ya,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  23. Rosemary,

    You really rocked the tube socks. Who knew????

    Thanks for the smiles,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are every bit of BEAUTIFUL. You did those tube socks proud. You will be a freckled feature. Beautiful mantel display, Rosemary. Thank you for linking up.

    Merry Christmas,
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are fabulous! What a fun way to use old socks. The whole presentation looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Tube socks?! Really?! There's just no end to your creativity my dear! These are really, really pretty. Can't wait to hear what they get filled with.
    Have a Blessed CHRISTmas!
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  27. These are so pretty. I've been wanting to do some white stockings myself...but didn't feel like dragging out the sewing machine. Maybe I'll just go buy some tube socks!

    ReplyDelete

be kind ~ be graceful ~ be beautiful ~ be you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails