whisper your name


whisper your name on the things you find be~you~tiful . . .



Recent Posts

Dec 2, 2010

...oh silent night

...oh holy night ~

hello dear ones!
Here is what I have been working on this week:

a "rose-ary"

of course a rose has always been associated with the rosary
(hence the name!!)
but I wanted one with a little more
well,
ethereal quality to it...


this is a paper cross box
 that opens!


and can hold your most sincere prayer requests


...elegantly


a silk prayer ribbon is also within this little box,
and could be used as a bookmark
or carried along in your pocket...


at the moment,
I have mine dangling around my rear view car mirror
as what better way is there to spend being stuck in traffic
 than talking to God??? 


the rosary and the prayer ribbons can be found here


now I must be off to whip up a batch of these
A most lovely white cookie
with the faintest flavor of anise.
My dearest mom adores them so these are for her:) 
This swaddled baby Jesus is the cookie mold that I use.
~ and when they are done,
I brush the tops with edible golden powder!
oh-so-lovely


they are just the right size to hold in your hand
and enjoy with a cup of tea
...in the silent night.


I will be sharing this post over at Debra's
come see all the holiday cheer!

~

here's to silent nights!

21 comments:

  1. i just want to say that i love love love your blog soooo much! all the lace here is just adorable and sooo vintage! best wishes! di
    ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beutifull a cros, Rosemary, and the idea of making it a box, with the wonderfull silk prayer ribbon, inside-is gorgeus-
    also love the cukie form, I can see this very tasty cukie,with gold and in the most fantastic christmas form.
    XO, Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very beautiful, and I love that you have the beautiful prayer ribbon in your car... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is simply beautiful, Rosemary. What a lovely idea, beautifully executed, as always!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your beautiful creations are always so inspiring!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. you've outdone yourself once again mon amie! these are all soooooooo enchanting and spiritual. J'adore!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so beautiful:) Love it:)
    ~Debra XXX
    Capers of the vintage vixens

    ReplyDelete
  8. The prayer ribbons are beautiful!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Friend,
    Thanks for sharing your lovely Christmas decor & necklaces!
    Hope your Holiday is a Blessed one!!
    Smiles,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  10. How beautiful Rosemary!! Your talent never ceases to amaze me! You dream up and create beautiful items!! Love it that you think my wonky star goes with my Dr. Suess trees!! hee hee!
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such beautiful creations! I am in love with the baby Jesus cookie mold - I've never seen one.
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  12. The boxes are amazing!!!! And I think the prayer ribbons divine! You are right that sometimes in traffic we need all the prayers & angels we can get! Your blog is so beautiful. I LOVE IT! In fact I think I'm adding it to my sidebar so I can keep up better & hope others find you too! HUGS!
    Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, please take photos of those cookies they sound beautiful! My neighbors from France love anise. Charlene

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your creations are so beautiful.... Love all the yummy whites!!!
    Blessing~~ Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  15. May I stop over for tea and those scrumptious cookies?

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are so beautiful Rosemary! Everything you create is! I come here to get my beauty fix. I am never disappointed.
    hugs to you...

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just beautiful! One of my sweetest treasures is a note about me that I found in my Mum's prayer box.... I framed it, actually... Such a precious thing...prayers of a mother...

    Warm blessings,
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely, beautiful post. The Rosary prayer box is divine and the cookie mold is precious. Thanks for sharing,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  19. Rosemary these are just so beautiful, your photography of these precious prayer ribbons and boxes is just so lovely,almost "heavenly". Thank you, for always linking up with VIF!
    xo,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dearest Best Bud,
    Love, Love, Love-Rosary Prayer Boxes and Prayer Ribbons
    Soooo Lovely !!!
    I can smell those delectable tasty swaddled coveted confections
    as I write !!! Ummmm....
    Hugs and Kisses and Prayers,
    Your Best Bud

    ReplyDelete

be kind ~ be graceful ~ be beautiful ~ be you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails