whisper your name


whisper your name on the things you find be~you~tiful . . .



Recent Posts

Jul 11, 2010

...the chicken chapel at the cottage farmhouse

...the chicken chapel
(part three)

hello!!


~ this,

dear readers,
 is the
chicken chapel!!!


it still needs the cedar shingle sides put on
and
a tumbled stone paver floor will be going in the rest of this chapel area
but
isn't it lovely??!!
 see all the pretty roses planted around it


...rose trees


and when the rose petals drop
and cover the ground
and fresh laundry is hanging on the clothes line
~ it is a romantic farmhouse picture!!!




what chicken wouldn't love living here I ask you?!

oh...
the chickens

right...

you would like to see the chickens,
yes?


well then,
the oh-so-lovely Julianna
will give us the tour!


...good morning lovely ones...


hello Lily!

she
 is
ALWAYS
the first to hop out!!!
she just loves her chicken garden!!!

but

Pitch on the other hand...


needs

a little coaxing!

here Pitchy, Pitchy!!!

she never wants to leave her eggs
...eeerrrr
well
~
what I mean to say
is
EGG

early on,
it seems as though there was some type of chicken competition about the
" sitting of the eggs "

curious really

but my mothers solution was to give Pitch a fake one
HA!!
so whenever you visit them for eggs
there will always be two under Pitch!!
that is why we always have to coax her out!!

and then
shut the door really fast ~
or she will just run right back in to sit on her eggs!!

geesh ~

such a mother hen!!!
(tee,hee)


aaahhhhh...
 perfect in your hand

warm,

smooth,

beautiful egg...

truely a gift from these silkie chickens!!

  

...now it's time for breakfast


yyuuuuuummmmmmm!!

my mom desires her beloved chickens to lay organic eggs
so
organic practices were adopted from top to bottom
at this cottage farmhouse

~ inside and out ~

so naturally speaking
 everything fed to the chickens
is
 organic!


whhheeewww!!
did you get all that?!


...now Pitch is off for a bath!
she does love her dirt baths!!
and that scalloped brick edged square behind her
is their spot for just that!
it is sooo much fun to watch them
as they cover themselves in dirt
and you're thinking thing like
oh, what a mess!!
and
how is all that dirt ever going to come off?!

but then
they shake it all off
and magically deliciously,
they are beautiful and shiny again!!



...oh how very lovely you both look!!
: )


this is Julie's favorite part...
holding them and telling them just how beautiful they are

they really,really enjoy being adored!!

...don't we all???!!!

mother has held and kissed them
and told them this
 from the very start
because she wanted happy, healthy chickens
and they love and adore her right back!!


...I find myself missing the chicken chapel
and as I post these pictures
I relish the quiet, peaceful moments spent with these very loving new friends!!

...it makes me desire a chicken chapel of my own
hhhhhmmmmmm
I wonder!
do you think they could stand the dry, desert heat??
probably
NOT!!
(so says Jim!!)
HA!!!!

..................

the next,
and final part to this series
is
a laundry day fete!!

until then ~
I hope you enjoyed your visit today
at the chicken chapel!!










10 comments:

  1. I love the "chicken chapel". I think it's so funny how the chicken can be tricked with a fake egg. LOL!
    -Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, those chickens of yours, live the royal life....sigh....

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet is that chicken chapel and the chickens are adorable!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL @ the fake egg!! Too cute!

    These chickies are darling and are definitely living the good life with so much love!

    I could live in that wee Chapel easily. It's like a little fairy house.

    Love,
    LuLu♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have so enjoyed your post. The wee chapel reminds you it could easy be a play house or just a place to spend some time alone. The chickens are so loved and Thank you for sharing. Your Missouri Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I love the chicken chapel. It's so sweet and fitting for those lovely chicks!

    I have really enjoyed your post. Thanks for showing us your little piece of heaven at the lovely cottage.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rosemary this is beyond awesome!!! Better not let my hens see this post...they are still bunking with the neighbors hens. And believe me they are not happy about it either. Your chickens will start laying golden eggs I'm sure, just to show you how happy they are!!!

    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi dear Rosemary,
    what a heawen for chicks..
    looks so very adorable, the little chick house chapel, and their garten ,with the bathing area, and beautifull roses-oh is wonderfull.And so lovely photoes of your daughter,too.
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  9. OHHHHHHH I so want Silkie chickens. It's so hot here so I'm afraid I'd be bringing them in the house. Love the chicken chapel and those two chickens are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now those chickens are perfect for my shabby chic house. I love them. They are gorgeous! The chapel is so befitting those cuties!
    Have you found the "drink me" bottle yet?

    Caroline

    ReplyDelete

be kind ~ be graceful ~ be beautiful ~ be you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive