whisper your name


whisper your name on the things you find be~you~tiful . . .



Recent Posts

Jul 23, 2010

...ruffled beauty ~ what little girls are made of!


~
sugar and spice and everything nice
that's what little girls are made of!!
~

happiest friday!
...if you have a little girl
(and even if you don't!)
(trust me!!!)
and
 you adore ruffles ~
then this is the post for you!!


I have been absolutely swooning
over this outfit!

 

isn't it just soooo
ruffley adorable?

so farmstyle romantic??

so something I just HAD to have?!

It is from the delightful Eden's Bouquet
an oh-so-charming,
swoon worthy web shop that I implore you to visit!
It is like Anthroplogie for children!!
and from the moment your eyes hit those 
b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l-l-y
photographed pages
and you see those gorgeous outfits,
your
tongue
is
on
the
f
l
o
o
r
!

the pictures alone are inspiring ~
but the body adornments are that
of fairytale like clothing
WOW!!!


~warning~warning~warning~

 even if you don't have any little ones
you are going to ~ eye spy with your little eye ~
SOMEONE
to wrap up in these outfits!!!

I'm just sayin`

youwerewarned!!!!

anyway

I've been eyeballin` this outfit from the moment I saw it
as I have been on this romantic farmstyle quest
and noticing that as of late
everything I'm drawn to, fits this criteria:

romantic farmstyle : check
actually everyday wearable/useable : check
WASHABLE: CHECK
(homemade, organic juice popsicles are simply a must on the farm, in the summertime!!)
looks charming hanging on the clothes line: check
(yes, I think about these things!!)
have a sweet little girl to put this on: hhhhmmmm

uuhhhooohhhhh
not check!!

my sweet girl is by no means little anymore
sniff, sniff
and is at the age that would just simply would not be caught dead in this kinda outfit
(and this is kinda funny to me ~ cause I'm long gone outta that range
but I'd so wear this,
in my size,
on the farm
to feed the chickens and bake pies and gather me rosebuds...)

really!

anyways...
as I was saying
I simply HAD to have this outfit
you understand
right?

s~o

I decided that my neice
was going to wear this outfit!!
Oh
let me introduce you
this is KiKi, my neice
(and my dear Mom, you already know)
KiKi ~ Mom,
~ everyone
(they say "charming to meet you all!")


so there I was ~
have a sweet little girl to put this on: check

already to click away

and

gulp...
heart sank

no longer available...

WHAT????

hhhhhmmmmfffff!!

now
being the kinda` girl I am
this little snaffu wasn't going to detour me from having that outfit!
(do people say snaffu anymore??)
sooooo
as you may have guessed ~
off to fabric store I go!!

when I want something bad enough
I WILL seek
until I FIND!!!

 

tada!!!!



what do you think??

 

isn't it just so
ruffley?

would you like to know what pattern I used?
you know,
just in case you were in need a weekend project??
(what? it could happen?!!)
it is:
kwik sew 3673

OR
 if this simply isn't "kwik" enough
(HA!!)
and let's say the closest fabric strore to you
might as well be in Massachusetts
and you're from Arizona
(just go with me here!!)
I've got you covered too, dear reader
(`cause I'm good like that!) 
so
for your instant gratification
(no, seriously, it's a downloadable pattern! which means you could start whipping this baby up in like the time it takes you to dig out your pretty fabric!!)
just visit here for the top:
and here for the ruffley bottoms:
at an etsy shop called Romeo and Mae's.

whew!!
did you get all that???

well,
dear ones...
thank you for stopping by!
I do hope that you enjoy visiting Eden's Bouquet and Romeo and Mae's 
and may you be as inspired as I was :)


big squeezes!!








6 comments:

  1. oooooooo, it is ADORABLE!!! what a fantastic job you did!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW!!! That looks awesome. Better then the original!I love itjust hanging there on your armoire. It looks so good. You might have to make one just to keep there! HeeHeeHee! Beautiful job! Thanks for the heart!
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Rosemary! Nice to hear from you! I've been very lazy in the past weeks even for blogging!!!
    You truly made a fantastic job!!!! I adore little girls...mine is unfortunetely grown up...anyway your immges are so inspiring!
    Wish you a nice Summer week end!
    Big hugs
    Vale

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rosemary,
    this is so adorable, --you know, I do have my -Mathilde 3 years old-grandchild- she would look soooo sweet in this darling dress- -you realy fight, till you reach what you wants, I love that, dear.Thanks for all the great adresses, sweetie.
    Hugs, Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rosemary,
    I have been wanting an outfit like this for my neice and now I know what to do. Thanks for the information.
    You did a wonderful job. It's so cute.

    hugs
    sissie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love ruffles....the purse I bought for the summer is chocolate linen and it has ooodles and oodles of tired ruffles.

    This wee outfit is darling! Great job!

    LuLu♥

    ReplyDelete

be kind ~ be graceful ~ be beautiful ~ be you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Archive