whisper your name


whisper your name on the things you find be~you~tiful . . .



Recent Posts

Aug 9, 2010

...a delightful summertime pizza pie ~

...Hello dearies!!

" Don't let's ask for the moon.
We have the stars."

~

Are you all enjoying the last little licks of
summertime?!!

...speaking of licks,
can you guess what this is?


how `bout now?!


yep!

...it's homemade pizza!

not just any ole pizza...
but what I like to call ~
de~light~ful summertime pizza!!

now, if you just gotta have meat on your pizza
you could very easily put your fav topping on
(next time around, I'll be using some prosciutto!)
but 
don't look for it today,
on these particular pies
it's our vegetarian day!
(hence the word de~LIGHT~ful!)


Do you enjoy garden fresh produce?

perhaps you enjoy the farmer's market delights?!
or maybe you
grow your own organic produce?
well,
I've got you covered
as this recipe showcases them all ~ perfectly!!
and the best part is
only a few ingredients are necessary!
I don't know about you but in these lazy days of summer,
I'm all about simplistic yummies!!
so without further ado
I give you

~ Summertime Pizza ~

*pizza dough
I take a little help here and "trader joe dough" it!
if you have a favorite recipe, feel free to you make your own
ahem,
 if you do have an ancient family secret pizza dough recipe ~ email me would ya`?!
I promise,
I don't make any dough, selling pizza in my etsy shop!!
(hahaha!!!!)
....hhhmmmm
note to self
research pizza dough profits...
now, where was I?
oh yes,
you could even use a boboli pizza crust
BUT 
you'd also MAJORLY cheat yourself out of seeing, smelling, tasting, touching ~
bascially using alllllll of your senses ~ engaging into this beautiful pie process
but I understand, really I do, so do what's best for you at this point of time.
I'm just sayin`
it won't be AS tasty!

*2 TBLspoons cornmeal
*2TBLspoons good, fruity olive oil
*1/4-1/2 head of escarole (torn to bits)
*1 large handful basil (torn to bits)
*2 beautifully smelling peaches
*flaky sea salt - freshly ground black pepper
*1/2 cup mozzarella (chunk it, slice it, shred it ~ it's really up to you!)
now, I just so happen to reeaaally like cheese, so I add more
same goes for any of this! ~ even swap the fruit if you like,
there are no pie cops patrolling around
so go ahead, it's okay to live dangerously here!!

*heat your oven to 425degrees
*grease your pizza pie sheet with olive oil and sprinkle with the cornmeal
*stretch your pizza dough to your desired shape
you can even get all fancy and through it up in the air like those hunky pizza boys do at the local wood fire oven joint ~ 

...my beloved had to get the ladder out when I tried that... 

*scatter the escarole, basil, peaches, flakey salt & fresh pepper
and creatively place your mozzarella cheese
remember, we eat with our eyes too and cooking is also an art form!
*drizzle with fruity olive oil
I let my pizza rest for about 20 minutes
`cause I like to see my pie rise, it's just so darn satisfying
so if you're in a hurry
may I suggest take out??
...from the hunky pizza joint down the street?!!
(I'm not tellin` ya the name of it ~ get your own joint!!)
*then bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is golden bubbly goodness!!

 

tada!!!

doesn't that look good?!

I do hope you will give this summertime pizza a try
and let me know if you liked it
or if you added some other tasty ingredient to it
 as summer is winding down quickly
and I would love to capture it again
 at least
 one
 more
 time!!


here's to tasty morsels!!





*quote taken from:
 Now, Voyager


3 comments:

  1. That pizza looks delicious! Enjoy a slice for me. ;)

    -Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rosemary, uuhhmmmm
    it looks so tasty, so wonderfull crisp,so absolutely beautifull.
    I think I may be trying it, while still a bit summer here.
    Thanks for your recept, and the gorgeus way you served it.
    Hugs and love,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete

be kind ~ be graceful ~ be beautiful ~ be you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails