whisper your name


whisper your name on the things you find be~you~tiful . . .



Recent Posts

May 4, 2010

...smell!!!!


...ahhhhhhhh


I absolutely adore the fragrance of lilacs!
 I have even been fortunate to visit Mackinac Island
during their lilac festival
and all I can say is...
slice o' heaven!!!!


and there are so many
you feel like a lilac fairy princess
gracefully stepping on them underfoot!!


Spring brings us sooooo much,
all we have to do is take the time to
well ~
smell it!!!!


so
under the lilacs I shall be
dancing with silk ribbons
until the last little purple bud opens
~
being grateful for the beauty that surround me
and
absorbing all the joy and happiness I can...
to pass along to you
 dear ones!!

xo










9 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous post, love this.
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rosemary, I think few blooms match the beauty and grace of the lilac. Your pictures are so lovely. The little flowers among the rocks...just gorgeous. I imagine there is nothing prettier than a lilac festival.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lilacs are so pretty and I do love their smell. I have a purple and a white one. You always have to smell them because they are so heavenly. You have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these pictures, so thanks for sharing!
    Madelon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how wonderful you have been to Mackinac Island ~ isn't that where they filmed Somewhere in Time (I love the gowns in that movie).
    I adore lilacs, my Mom's garden always had so many blooms. Can you believe she would send me off to school with big bouquets for my teachers. That was when I was in elementary school. In high school I used to pin little bouquets to my clothes.
    We planted two lilac bushes this year, but don't know as of yet if they will be able to tolerate the Mississippi summer. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
    Thank you for sharing your beautiful photos and bringing back happy memories for me ~
    Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  6. My best friend's family had a summer home in Mackinac (inland) but we rode bikes around Mackinac Island all the time. The Grand Hotel is amazing and the fudge, the lilacs, no cars...too much for moi!

    Beautiful post, Rosemary, you are the Queen of pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rosemary,
    what a beautifull post, I so love lilacs,-and I so love your little fairy dancing there.
    Hugs, Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore lilac and its scent! Wonderful photos!
    Happy week end Rosemary!
    Vale

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a beautiful post !
    love from the Netherlands ♥RINI♥

    ReplyDelete

be kind ~ be graceful ~ be beautiful ~ be you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails