whisper your name


whisper your name on the things you find be~you~tiful . . .



Recent Posts

Apr 3, 2012

...april showers...

...hello spring peeps!

today
i'll be sharing with you,
 my front door embellishment




ta~da!!




i wanted a little
somethin', somethin'
different this spring
but
 oh-so-lovely too!




so you can imagine my delight
when i happened upon
via pinterest,
and found her fabulous tutorial
on how to make my very own flower umbrella:)




i just adore springtime flowers
as i am sure all of you do.
so what better way than to bring them all together?!
(how fabulous Susie!)




here you can see i chose to use lavender and white tulips

and my mom
selected these pretties below
for hers

   


ahhh,
peonies, tulips, lily of the valley...




with so many pretty flowers to choose from,
you will only be limited by how many you put in your brellie!!




i know you would enjoy one of them at your door
and so will everyone that walks or drives by:)


as it is Easter week,
i just had to show you my mr. bunn make-over




i am completely hooked on annie sloan paints
i love, Love, LOVE them
and i am coloring my lovely nest with the "french linen" shade
(wait until i show you my dresser turned kitchen island later this month!!)

anyway,

try as he may ~
mr. bunn just could NOT escape the A.S. brush
LOL!!




but i don't think he minds it so much now!


i'll be back later this week with an ethereal Easter table
but i hope you get a chance to
 create your very own april showers umbrella!


sharing my white tulips with
Faded Charm's: White Wednesday


here's to may flowers!!

12 comments:

  1. Rosemary that is just beautiful! I wish I had an old umbrella to hang from my door, but alas I gave it to John to use at school and have yet to stumble on one since. Love, love, love the addition of the nest... and your bunny makeover is just perfect too! t.xoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to embellish a vintage unbrella. It looks so lovely and springy on your front door.

    blessings,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your rendition is just so lovely and perfect for April! There's something about an old fashioned umbrella that makes me smile. Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet--seems that umbrellas are really "in" right now for decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful door decorations!
    What a wonderul way to welcome guests.
    I especially love the vintage umbrella arrangement.
    Happy Easter!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is very nice darling......like the rabbit too...love from Holland....xxx..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, here you are! This is just the most darling idea! I love your choices! Such a pretty way to greet people at your door. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...so unique and pretty! LOVE
    Mr. Bunny is da bomb too.
    Happy WW!
    xo
    Roselle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Rosemary! Mr Bunny looks so much nicer now. Hope you are enjoying your new digs.

    Hugs,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how I love that.... and am KICKING myself. I do a garage sale every year, with a friend, who had an old silk umbrella of her Mum's. I passed it up. Dang it.

    Wishing you and yours a glorious Easter.

    Huggies,
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your design for the front door. So perfect for a Spring day! Always love seeing your creations.

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  12. The flowers are just darling, I love the umbrella idea. I found those cute little eggs too. I hope you had a wonderful Easter with family.

    ReplyDelete

be kind ~ be graceful ~ be beautiful ~ be you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails