whisper your name


whisper your name on the things you find be~you~tiful . . .



Recent Posts

Oct 6, 2010

...spun sugar


...oh dear ~
I'm late to the W.W. party!
but I do have a good excuse,

really I do!!

I've been locked up in the studio
creating new and wondrous things!
and dreaming of ethereal delights...


for the holiday's will be here
sooner than you think!!

It is true
sometimes I have a hard time creating
lovely things
but not because I am not inspired
nooooo sireeee!!
it is because I have many creative devices ~

all of them use beautiful materials such as
...silk
crystals...
...lace


see how lovely they look all combined into this
Spun Sugar ethereal white rose bib necklace??

... but beautiful materials
are not necessarily always found in the craft or fabric departments


sometimes
it can be something as simple as a bag of sugar!!

I have forever and a day
adored elegant desserts...


the kind that make your heart stop...
and ache with such an un-extinguishing desire


that once discovered,
 you just know
that with just one bite
it will change you forever!!

and honestly, I really only need to look with my eyes...
at such gloriousness to be changed
yes,

~ Spun Sugar ~

is that way for me...
the ethereal qualities of lighter than air threads of this stuff
is soooo very magical.
Who knew that sugar and water could create
such a heavenly delight!

Just look at this presentation!
who wouldn't be delighted???
...and these spun sugar bowls can be used in many different ways!
Simply turn them upside down to create a dome over your
delicious creme brulee
or
 make them into disk shapes and
stud a piece of your favorite cake...
the possibilities are as vast as your imagination!!

Go ahead,

give it a try and see if these sweet threads don't
amaze and delight you!


Spun Sugar Bowls
makes 12 bowls

*Nonstick cooking spray
*1 1/4 cups sugar
*1/3 cup light corn syrup
*1/4 cup water

Method:
1. Thoroughly spray a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray; set aside.

2. In a small, heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the sugar, corn syrup, and water. Cook until the mixture registers between 310° and 320° on an instant-read candy thermometer.

3. Remove the pan from the heat; carefully pour the sugar mixture into a medium microwave-safe bowl. Dip the tines of a fork into the hot sugar; then carefully and quickly wave the fork inside the wells, allowing the sugar to drip off of the fork in long, thin strands. Be sure to distribute strands evenly on the sides and bottoms of the wells, and all the way to the top. (When complete, you should still be able to see the pan through the sugar.)

4. Using a sharp kitchen knife, trim the edges of the sugar bowls by scraping the blade along the rims of the wells. Set aside to cool, about 5 minutes. Carefully unmold, and store in an airtight container in the freezer until ready to use. Save broken sugar pieces to use as a garnish, if desired.

Note: If the caramelized sugar thickens before you have finished all the bowls, microwave on HIGH for 3 to 5 minutes, until sugar is liquid enough to work with again.
~

I am always seeking for the unusual...



...the most delicious bites of pure silken spun sugar 



I would use this to make my own freshly made confection
you know,
so when YOU come for a ride on the fairytale carriage
you'd be presented with a magical wand
of hand spun sugar!!

~ Just imagine with me ~

a stick of rock candy crystals
spun
with THE most
decadent flavors
 of the most elegant spun sugar!!!!!
aaahhhhhhhh...

So you see my dears...
that is why I have been ~ MIA!!
...dreaming


but I want you to know that I  Thank You so very much for visiting today,
and hope that you have been inspired!!


come see what other White Wednesday wonders are here at



here's to elegant spun sugar!! 




16 comments:

  1. Wow that spun sugar looks beautiful! What an elegant dessert. Your floral necklace is lovely as well.

    -Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rosemary,
    Your rosettes are absolutely gorgeous!! You always make the most beautiful treasures!!
    Have a lovely day!
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my!! Your necklace is beyond beautiful!! Truly the stuff dreams are made of!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how creative you are...love those roses you made so much!!!! Really.....and that sugar looks jammie to me.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that pink cotton candy machine! Lots of lovelies you've made!

    ReplyDelete
  6. inspired indeed mon amie! your beautiful flower necklace takes my breath it does! And..those spun sugar bowls are to die for. i may just have to try making some!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those roses are stunning Rosemary!! Love them...and the spun sugar bowls!!
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very inspiring indeed! I had one of those cotton candy machines when I was a kid and the smell came back to me just seeing that photo (thanks for the memories). I now know why I love creme brulee so very much. Love the sugar spun nests, they're beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rosemary,
    Your spun sugar makes me want to get in the kitchen right now and get out the sugar! LOL!
    I literally cannot sit still when I start reading all these wonderful blogs so ful of ideas.

    thanks for the lovely inspiration.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous necklace, Rosemary! You always inspire me with your wonderful creations...spun sugar - wonderful!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rosemary...your work is beyond beautiful my dear.

    Thank you so much for the recipe and I am definitely going to try this!

    Love,
    LuLu♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rosemary sweet...why do I always feel that I have visited a fairytale when I come visit here. I do believe this recipe of spun sugar is the food of faeries. And that necklace**sigh** so beautiful!!!
    hugs to you...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rosemary...
    You are a magical person...with a creative genius beyond compare! Such an inspiring post..Spun sugar...oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE that white flower necklace, SO darling :) And what a beautiful blog you have! Thanks for stopping by mine, so that I could find you!

    ~ The gals at Everlasting Blooms xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Spun sugar is so pretty. Thanks so much for stopping by, Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Rosemary,

    I love the necklace and the spun sugar is magical! Thanks for the recipe.

    I'm visiting for WW.

    Have a wonderful day,
    Stephanie ♥

    ReplyDelete

be kind ~ be graceful ~ be beautiful ~ be you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails